Our contact details
Name: Alba Auto Tech
Address: Fordoun. (full address on application)
Phone Number: 07702208041
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers and contact details including; name, address, telephone number, address of job site if different.
- Vehicle registration number, make and model of vehicle.
How we get the information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Administrative purposes for booking job into our diary.
- In order to be able to contact you for further information or to arrange providing your requested services.
- To be able to source the correct parts for your vehicle from our suppliers.
- To record payment to us from customers, for accounting purposes.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
– We have a legitimate interest.
This is to say that we require this information in order to provide the service you have asked us to provide. We require to be able to contact you and have a location to travel to in order to repair your vehicle. Vehicle information is required so that we can quickly and efficiently source the correct parts for you, thus minimising billable time to you and protecting quality of our service.
Finally, we record your name on your payment receipt so that we can maintain adequate records to comply with HMRC requirements.
We ask for only the information required to contact you and attend your vehicle.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to book the job into our diary, record payment, attend your vehicle to carry our requested services and to source required parts from our suppliers.
We may share this information with our suppliers (Vehicle Registration, make and model of your vehicle) in order to source the correct parts to carry out your repairs. We will never share any of the other information we hold about you with our suppliers.
If required by HMRC as part of an investigation or audit into our accounts, we may need to provide them with evidence of our sales and in this circumstance, we will provide them access to our copies of customer receipts. These will only have the customer name and no other identifying information.
We will never sell or share your information with other parties, unless we have gained your express consent in advance.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored in the following ways:
- Name, address of job, phone number and Vehicle Registration Number is written in our work diary when job is booked in. This diary is stored in our work vehicle during working hours with the technician and then taken into our locked premises out with working hours.
- Name, address, telephone number, vehicle details are written onto the Job Card document at the start of the job. This document is photographed on job completion, paper copy given to customer and the digital image is stored on our secure One Drive storage space, for our business records. Access to this storage space is limited by password to the business owner/technician and his partner who carries out the administrative duties of the business.
- Name is written on the customer receipt upon payment and a carbon copy is then stored within a ring binder within our secure premises.
We keep the aforementioned information for the lifespan of the business. We will then dispose your information by deleting any digital records from our cloud storage and shredding historical diaries and copies of receipts.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07702208041 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113